ODF protects the Wild & Scenic Section of the Rogue River between Grave Creek and Marial. The remainder of the section is protected by the Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest.
The following regulations will go into effect Wednesday morning:
- Smoking prohibited except in boats on the water, and on naturally vegetation-free gravel bars and sand bars below the river’s high-water mark.
- Open fires prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels will be allowed on naturally vegetation-free gravel bars and sand bars below the high-water mark
- Travelers must carry a shovel and bucket (one-gallon size).
- Fireworks prohibited.
For more information about ODF fire season regulations in the Southwest Oregon District, contact the unit office in your area:
- Medford Unit, 5286 Table Rock Rd., Central Point. Phone: 541-664-3328
- Grants Pass Unit, 5375 Monument Drive, Grants Pass. Phone: 541-474-3152