Oregon Dept. of Forestry
- Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in closed vehicles on improved roads.
- Open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires, except at designated locations. Use of wood-burning devices, used in conjunction with temporary dwellings, including tents and trailers, is prohibited. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels are allowed.
- Use of motor vehicles, including motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles, is prohibited, except on improved roads and designated areas.
- Possession of the following firefighting equipment is required while traveling, except on state highways, county roads and driveways: one shovel and one gallon of water or one operational 2-½ pound or larger fire extinguisher.
- Use of fireworks is prohibited.
- Cutting, grinding and welding of metal is prohibited.
In addition, the following items are banned throughout the wildfire season as well as during the current period of tightened safety restrictions:
Use of exploding targets, tracer ammunition and sky lanterns is prohibited.