Fire Information: 503-983-8897
Email Address: Akawanafireinfo@gmail.com
Type of Incident: Wildfire
Date of Origin: June 7, 2016
Location: Akawana Butte, 13 miles North of Sisters
Types of Fuel: Grass, Brush and Timber
Structures Threatened: 912
Structures Damaged: 0
Residences Destroyed: 0
Current Size: 1,930 acres
Percent Containment: 44%
Number of Personnel: 561
Types of resources: 20 hand crews, 6 helicopters, 5 air tankers, 20 fire engines, 9 bulldozers, 8 water tenders.
The evacuation level for Three Rivers has been lowered to a level 1 (Be Ready), Forest Park, Air Park, Rim Park and outlying properties remain in level 2. A total of 262 structures remain at evacuation level 2 (Be Set).
Akawana Fire Recent Activities:
• Fire crews made solid progress as cooler conditions moderated fire activity, allowing crews to gain direct access to the edge of the fire.
• Spot fires occurred in a few areas, but crews were able to quickly contain them.
• Air resources (planes and helicopters) played a major role in expanding control lines.
• Tomorrow’s objectives include mopping up hot spots from containment lines into the interior and strengthening lines along the northeast corner of the fire.
• Structural Task Forces protecting homes under the Conflagration Act will continue prepare and safeguard homes until the danger has abated.